Carbon steel and stainless steel are extensively used in many of the construction projects.
There are trading companies in Saudi Arabia who supply carbon steel and stainless steel as per the requirements of the client.
Both of them have varying composition material and are used for different purposes. Let us see the difference between them:
Carbon Steel vs Stainless Steel
- Alloy Material Used:
- Carbon is the major alloy used in carbon steel, in which the properties of steel depend on the amount of carbon used.
- On the other hand, stainless steel is majorly occupied by chromium alloy.
- Properties Based on the Alloy used
- An invisible layer of high chromium on stainless steel prevents it from corrosion and staining.
- The carbon content present in carbon steel offers a low melting point, more malleability and durability.
- Carbon steel has more thermal conductivity than stainless steel.
- The appearance of the Steels
- Stainless steel is shiny and glossy, that reflects like a mirror. Thus are used decoratively in constructions.
- Carbon steel has a matte finish, thus are mainly used in machining, welding, production, manufacturing etc.
Both these have varying properties and purposes in the construction industry.
The best general trading companies in Saudi Arabia facilitates the supply of these items along with many others, such as pipes, valves, flanges, fittings, joints, gaskets, various types of nuts and bolts etc.