Civil engineering, one of the pioneering disciplines of engineering, is a study of civil constructions involving the processes of designing, constructing and maintaining the physical and naturally built environment.
Basically, civil constructions shape the world we live in, they make our lives so simpler and easier to survive with advanced facilities for our convenience.
Roads, railways, buildings, water reservoirs, subdivisions, airports, bridges, sewer systems, tunnels, dams, etc. are born at the hands of civil engineers and civil workforce.
The entire infrastructure of Saudi Arabia, like anywhere else in the world, falls under the ardent efforts put forth by engineers in civil constructions in Saudi Arabia.
Role of Civil Engineers
Whatever be the nature of the construction project, be it buildings or transport facilities or sewage systems, civil engineers are remotely responsible for all things associated from the scratch to the finished project.
They have a great deal of responsibilities such as:
- Beginning with a deep understanding and evaluation of the land for construction as per the needs and requirements of clients or organization or government.
- With absolute adherence to the client needs, a pitch-perfect construction plan is to be built.
- Followed by designing through architectural drawings, then material selection and later improvising the design before the works start.
- A detailed cost estimate has to be structured.
- Start the work with a talented workforce and monitor the progress of the infrastructure to ensure it sticks to the plan and budget.
- Finally, test the construction projects before allowing public access to the structures to ensure safety.
The Broad Array of Job Opportunities in Civil Construction Industry
Civil constructions require plenty of workforce in varying fields for a smooth running of the construction works according to the plan and estimate.
Here are the list of some job positions that are usually accommodated in the construction projects:
- Civil Engineers
- Demolition Staff
- Road Markers
- Dump truck operators
- Project managers
- Civil labourers
- Excavator staff
- Steel fixers
An apprenticeship or trainee session or professional certification course in civil construction can get one into the entry level civil construction jobs.
Whereas a diploma in civil engineering can get one to the post of Project Manager, Estimator or as another type of manager.
A bachelors in civil engineering (B. Tech), a four year academic course can land you in the reputed position of being civil engineer.
The best civil construction companies in Saudi Arabia employees all kinds of workforce in relation to civil workfield for high quality constructions.